March 8, 2012

I am in awe of people's generosity. There have been so many donations for the Benefit Dinner. People who have given my mom and younger siblings gifts, treats, dinners, etc. I am so thankful for all that have been real-life angels to my family.

Something incredible recently happened that I want to share with everyone. My mom has a blood clot and the medication she needs to take is very, very expensive. Her limited insurance will not cover it. A pharmacy gave her the first week of medication for free. We still didn't have finances figured out after that week, so her oncologist gave her another week or so for free. During that time a lady at the hospital had been helping my mom by talking with the pharmaceutical company directly. We recently found out that the company will give my mom her medication. She needs to be on it for 6 months. That's about $30,000 of medication given to her!!

Thank you friends, family, and strangers that have been helping my family during this difficult time. I will be forever grateful.

- Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment