March 13, 2012

The Benefit Dinner was a huge success!! Thank you everyone that helped and donated! We had an awesome turn out :) 

Yesterday was my mom's first day of chemo and radiation. Here is an update from her:

Day one down- Cheryl vs. cancer- I spent from 10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. at the cancer institute- 1 hr in radiology. Waiting, 1/2 on table and a good visit with the radiologist who has tweaked my plan with one I feel is really inspired for my good. The rest of the time was spent in a chemo recliner. First waiting, watching two r.n.s take care of every chair in the chemo unit filled to capacity all... day with often times patients waiting in the reception area for an open chair. They hardly sat down and I don't know when they ate. Two of us were left until almost quitting time and the nurses were just as cordial to us as they were at 11 a.m. Took my i.v. to visit the woman in charge of the loaning out wigs, hats, scarves etc. She was so compassionate. She sent me home with a children's book that pre-empted our regulary scheduled f.h.e. lesson. We read the book and we discussed things then the little kids tried on the wigs, looked in the mirror and my 17yr old took pictures. Not only did I start day one with the best western available to me, but I drank 12 ounces of essiac tea w/ a drop of frankincense in it, 1 1/2 cups of chemo tea (3 herbs to combat nausea), liberal use of essential oils on my stomach and feet, adrenal complex/vitamin I dissolve and put in my g-tube, but I also met with my naturopath to discuss further ways to all facilitate my body's ability to fight, survive and thrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment