February 22, 2012

February 20-21, 2012

10 PM Monday night my mom called Donovan (my husband) and I. She was in severe pain and throwing up blood. We sped over to her house and took her into the ER. Her bowel had a kink in it, a complication from when they put the feeding tube in her small intestine on Thursday. I am very impressed with the ER doctor and nurse, they totally had my mom's back with everything and they were just plain awesome. Actually all of her doctors are awesome, and hunks as well ;) 

We stayed in the ER until 2 AM.. they then moved her into a regular room in the hospital. Donovan and I left when she started to fall asleep (around 3:40 AM). Cody (my mom's oldest kid) came to stay with her after his night shift.

Her surgery was successful. They unkinked her bowel, removed the feeding tube from small intestine, and put a feeding tube in her stomach. My mother has the best attitude about everything. She's quite the jokester. She was telling jokes in the ER, before the surgery, afterwards... anytime of day or night, regardless of how much pain she is in, she will say funny things.

The first thing she asked me when she came out of Post-Op, was how are my siblings doing. After I said they are doing good, she started to complain. Not about pain or how much this situation sucks, but complained that a nurse didn't laugh at her joke! Right before the operation a nurse asked her if she was allergic to anything, she responded, "you mean besides cancer". 

No comments:

Post a Comment